FAMILY-OWNED FOR 3 GENERATIONS
Brown & Sons Automotive has been a trusted auto parts supplier and industrial supplies to Genesee and the surrounding counties since 1949. As a family-owned business from the beginning, we've been a proud part of Flint for over 69 years. Our story is one of perseverance and adaptability in changing competition and market trends. Trust us to meet your needs for high-quality auto parts and industrial supplies.
ABOUT THE OWNERS
In the late 1940s, Jack Brown sold his partnership in a bakery, nightclub, and restaurant in Brownsville, PA, and moved to Flint, MI with a vision of the growth of interstate highways and automobiles as a key component in America's growth. In 1949, Jack founded Brown and Sons Automotive Supplies, starting from humble beginnings with the family garage as their first warehouse. Jack sold parts and chemicals using a Chevy station wagon until the early 1950s when Brown and Sons moved to their first warehouse and retail facility on Lewis Street. Jack's three sons, George, Jim, and Pete, later joined the company, and by the mid-1980s, three generations of the Brown family worked under the same roof.
In 1970, the company moved to its new state-of-the-art warehouse and retail facility on Davison Road. Brown and Sons expanded its brand offerings and began to specialize in the ACDelco brand. Over the past seventy years, the company has undergone many changes, adding new product lines and growing its customer base. However, one thing has remained constant, and that is the value the company places on its customers. Jack Brown's work ethic, business knowledge, and respect for customers and employees have left an imprint on Brown and Sons. Two later generations have learned from these qualities and have contributed to making Brown and Sons the company it is today.